708 Main Street
Houston, TX 77002
A historical building located in Downtown Houston, The Great Jones Building was named after Jesse Jones. Known as “Mr. Houston,” the renowned Houstonian banker, publisher, and politician completed construction on the building in 1922. The building was constructed in two parts. The southern part was completed in 1908 and the northern part was completed in 1922.
Today the 10-story, 83,000 square foot building, renovated in 2002, consists of nine upper floors of office space, with retail space on the first floor and basement. The retail space consists of 11,760 square feet. The building, and in particular Jesse Jones’ personal office on the second floor, has been carefully restored to preserve its original historic integrity and fabric.
As well as the preservation work, the renovation also included the installation of all new systems in the building – new HVAC, electrics, plumbing, elevators and the latest telecommunication wiring.
With its Main Street address, the building benefits from direct access to Houston’s Main Street Light Rail. Covered parking can be found across the street in the Chase Garage, and surface parking is available in several nearby locations.
Office space is available from as little as 1,000 square feet (in built-out suites available for immediate occupancy) to a full floor of approximately 9,000 square feet. Multiple contiguous floors are available.
The Great Jones Building Features:
- METRO Rail within 1 block
- Covered parking available across the street in the Chase Garage
- Surface parking available in several nearby locations
- Adjacent access to tunnel system (accessed via Chase Garage)
- 3 blocks to Alden Hotel, Houston’s newest boutique hotel, incorporating *17, Houston’s award-winning restaurant
- 2 blocks to Main Street Plaza
- Numerous bars and restaurants within a short walking distance
- Building contains all new state of the art mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems, elevators and telecommunications wiring
Spire Realty Group, LP
708 Main Street, Suite 250
Houston, Texas 77002-3208